Friday, November 24, 2006

State of the FAQ – November 24, 2006

Well, it has been a crazy busy week with travel, work, and the Thanksgiving holiday. I knew this was going to be a working vacation, but there was really quite a bit to push out this week, especially on MBAFAQ. Thanks for your encouragement and I appreciate the support of our sponsors.

I hope you had a chance to keep up with the readings. In the future, I want to establish an email list to keep you updated with news and special features on the website. If you want to be added to the list, please drop me an email (please put List Request in the subject) to say hi and I’ll add your name to the list.

Some of the new features that are planned are co-authored entries with some of my outstanding students and descriptions of recent non-traditional Ph.D. research that comes to my attention. The big vision is that I’ll be inviting some of my students to co-author blog articles with me. I have asked these students based on my familiarity with their work, and if their interests parallel my own research interests in marketing, consumer behavior, and social psychology. If you know me from another context and/or you think we have comment interests, please write me to see if co-authoring is something that interests you. Finally, I’m interested in hearing from some of our regular readers about features they would like to see.

Those of you who know me from some other context know that I’m a huge fan of the online education revolution. U.S. News & World Report has a new e-Learning guide to schools that offer online MBA and doctoral degrees in business / management that you’ll want to keep handy:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/elearning/elhome.htm

This resource is a good companion to the DANTES catalogue:

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/dantes_web/danteshome.asp?Flag=True

Last Thursday, November 16, 2006, Dr. Milton Friedman passed away. This is not news to those of you who follow current events, but it was worth noting. What always impressed me about Dr. Friedman was that he labored in obscurity for many years until his ideas about free markets over government intervention and paying attention to the money supply caught on – his unorthodox ideas became orthodoxy through the boldness of his genius.

Talk to you soon!

Best wishes,

Dave

No comments: